Q. and I signed up for IVF today. We’re still waiting for my TSH results to come back (I’ll know them tomorrow), but we had to make the decision to cancel or keep going this morning.
I felt surprisingly calm at the clinic. Not so much now- I alternate between worrying about retrieval, worrying about how Q. is going to manage to give me the trigger shot, worrying about what happens if my eggs turn out to be bad, or worrying about how much money we’re about to spend.
I’m really glad this has been forced on us, as I’ve only got a couple of days to get through. We’re looking at a Wednesday retrieval, and a Saturday (Day 3) transfer. We should get confirmation of that timeline tomorrow morning.
I try not to use my computer on the weekend, so I’ll keep this short. But I wanted to update you all, and to say THANK YOU so much for all the words of support. I really really appreciate it.
In some ways, it’s a relief. We won’t be able to afford to do another cycle this year – we could probably manage one or two FETs, but that would be it. So one way or another, I am pretty much done with the clinic once this cycle is over. Either we’ll get our lives back, or we’ll finally be able to start moving on to the next stage.